Historic definitions of "software":
- A loose collection of bugs waiting to be found.
- following Murphy's Law:
- A loose collection of bugs waiting to be found,
- and which only manifest themselves when your evil overlords
- are standing around waiting for YOU to explain why their
- cash-cow system is not generating enough cash anymore.
Physics of "software":
- "Software" does not exist, and you cannot prove that it does.
- "Software" is odorless, colorless, and tasteless.
- "Software"t has no volume, no mass, and no detectable gravimetric presence.
- If you "fill a hard-drive" with "software", no mass is added.
- "Software" emits no detectable electromagnetic frequency.
- Were it not for other non-existent "software" systems touting its existence,
- you would never know that any "software" was there.
- If anything, "software" may actually be the fabled "dark matter" or "dark energy",
- which also cannot be proven to exist.
Conversely, it has been proven in certain lunatic fringe "philosophical" circles
- that "software" is sometimes the cause of, and solution to, many of life's problems.
- Much like beer, especially of the "Duff" variety.